Friday, August 31, 2012

17 1/2 months - how do you brush your teeth



Gavin is 17 1/2 months and I am 37 weeks pregnant with Brycen.  I cannot believe how fast time has gone by.  Julie Vogel, my cousin, took a photo for Brycen's bedroom to mimic Gavin's.  Recently, I have been contemplating how to blog about both of my boys but also keep them separate.  I think I will have to start a blog just for Brycen.  This way I can continue Gavin's!  But then I think the photos will probably be of both of them...hummmm.  I will have to think some more :)  

This week Gavin continues his journey with language.  He has started to say "no no" which I can't help but chuckle at.  He is not really sure why he is saying it but alas that dreaded word has entered his vocabulary.  Can I go back! LOL  Other favorites include meow, wow, and Julie "ju...deee".  He is also using momma when he wants me which makes me super happy :)  This week I began going back to work which has been a big adjustment for Gavin.  Though he loves his daddy time leaving in the morning is a bit traumatic at first!  He does recover quickly however!

Since I am working again he had the opportunity to spend some quality time with Jessie and Ridge, as well as Kelly and Zoe.  This did seem to make Gavin happy! So happy in fact because his best buddy has refined the fine art of brushing his teeth.  Which means Gavin won't forget.  Thanks Ridge!

This week I made Gavin some carrot zucchini muffins which he devoured and he has also found he loved cheese, especially mozzarella, thanks to the Vogel family who gave him some fresh pieces...he is a true Italian.  


We also spent some fun times playing with the Vogel Family in the pond.  I look forward to them sharing some photos we can add to the blog.  Gavin loved the pond so much he waded right in his clothes.  Lucky for me his Auntie Carrie followed him :)


We also had the opportunity to spend some quality time with Patrick and Auntie Elissa at the playground.  Patrick is getting so big.  He can go on the swing without Gavin holding him up...they grow too fast!
Walk on the Bike Path




As I begin my journey to create a loving space for Brycen, Gavin continues to revisit his younger days.  He is so fascinated by the infant car seat and likes to crawl in and out of it.  This includes bringing his baby doll in it.  Gavin also has found a new love for his bumbo, bouncer and rocker.  I think however he has broken the bouncer.  It does not appear to want to retract from the floor, alas we may need another one in the future LOL!






I think Gavin is ready for his brother!  Looking forward to see how everything progresses.  According to the docs, I am 4 cm dilated and 75% effaced.  Could be tonight - could be two weeks from now!  What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. You sure are full of spunk and energy considering you have a toddler and an almost newborn! I loved reading your post and I am so glad I found your blog! And thanks for the photo love a few posts back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anytime...we adored our session with you and look forward to friends we have recommended your way :) it is so nice to have someone out there who will take beautiful photos for families at a price they can afford! I hope in the future to learn some techniques from you to enhance my own photography. Also loving the blog love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so busy! It looks like you're doing all you can to ensure Gavin adjusts to being a big brother. I'm excited to read all about what a great example Gavin is setting for Brycen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a great job! GAR is getting so big now and he looks beyond excited to be a big brother. Blessings on your new chapter!

    ReplyDelete